Skin Microbiome Service Accurate skin microbiome profiling
Skin is the largest organ of the human body and is colonized by a unique set of microorganisms known collectively as the skin microbiome. The composition of the skin microbiome is directly influenced by the application of skin products and by dermatological diseases. However, the unique properties of skin require specialized methods to accurately interpret the microbiome.
Our solution delivers:
- Reliable, accurate insights for clear interpretations
- Improved sample success through optimized extraction methods
- Comprehensive profiles down to the species-level
Advance your understanding of the skin microbiome
Diversigen’s team of scientists developed the Skin Microbiome Service to facilitate these studies using optimized methods to generate accurate microbial profiles for the inherent low microbial biomass of skin samples. Our optimized high-throughput extraction method reduces bias and recovers 100X more DNA than conventional methods.
Increased microbial DNA recovery from all skin sites
Amplicon sequencing developed for skin microbiome insights
Our analysis generates accurate profiles by identifying true sequence variants representative of the skin community in all types of skin (sebaceous, moist and dry).
- Optimized high throughput DNA extraction increases microbial yield
- Accurate profiling with innovative bioinformatics to uncover true sequence variants
- Skin microbiome profiling optimized for research and product development
Accurate identification of skin microbial species
Divesigen’s Skin Microbiome Service was designed to process samples from all skin sites with tailored analytics and to provide resolution of skin microbes from any skin site.
- Extraction method increases bacterial DNA yield for all types of skin sites
- Innovative bioinformatics identify skin microbes with high specificity and sensitivity from all skin sample types
Accurate profiles generated from dry, sebaceous and moist skin samples
Our team is on your side
Our team of expert scientists, bioinformaticians, and project managers will expand, scale, and enrich your discoveries.
By partnering with Diversigen, you will experience exceptional customer support and you will leverage our expertise at every step of your project.
Ready to get started?
Diversigen provides services and generates data for research purposes only. Not all services are available in all regions.